Auto Insurance is mandatory in Texas. If you have just moved to Texas, you only have 30 days to register your automobile for insurance. Auto Insurance covers you against unforeseen circumstances like accidents, damages, loss, or theft. Law enforcement agencies use a TexasSure system that can electronically prove if you have insurance. Dixie Dunavant Insurance agency offers affordable auto insurance to a wide range of drivers who have a hard time getting insurance.
Liability coverage is mandatory in Texas. The state requires an insurance card from your insurance company as proof of your auto insurance. This card has to be shown when applying for a driving license, during car inspection, when a police officer wants to see it, or when you’re involved in an accident.
- Liability coverage: Covers bodily injury liability and property damage liability. If as a result of an accident caused by you and someone gets injured or dies, it pays for medical expenses or funeral expenses. It also repairs or replaces property you may damage during an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage: Covers bodily and property liability to you and your passengers if an accident is caused by an insured or underinsured driver. It will also help in hit-and-run accidents.
- Collision coverage: Covers your damages when you hit or get hit by another car, motorist, or object. It is a requirement for most lenders.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers accidents that are not due to a car collision. This includes theft, vandalism, damage due to natural causes (fire and floods), falling objects, etc. It’s also a requirement for most lenders.
- Personal Injury Protection: Provides loss wages compensation if you're injured in an accident, attorney fees and/or medical (no matter who is at fault).
- Medical Payments: Pays for costs after you are injured in an accident no matter who is found at fault (may not be combined with PIP).
- Rental: Reimburses rental car fees while your vehicle is being repaired after an accident..
- Towing: Reimburses towing fees after your vehicle is disabled and requires a tow.
There are several coverage options available. Therefore, it’s important to do research and see which one will satisfy your needs. At Dixie Dunavant Insurance, we offer affordable insurance solutions. If you need a quote, use our online rating tool to get one. Contact us today to get the coverage you need or for further clarifications about auto insurance in Texas.